domingo, 3 de febrero de 2013

A February of kindness and joy. Day 2: The shop assistant


Being kind does not imply to pretend to be who I am not.
Being nice it does not mean that I have to satisfy every person I meet.
Being kind is also be in harmony with the Self and so, listening to my body and its claim.

Yesterday, early in the morning I went shopping down my house. The shop assistant is a nice guy who I have established a good relationship with, after a couple of months living here. But yesterday, he started to speak more than usual and I stood there and listened to him carefully, as he was talking about God, beliefs, and human beings.

"We have to be nice with people but just because we feel like, not to show off others that we are doing well"
"If we spoke with each others, if we listened to each others, there would be no problems in the world."
"There are nice people, and also, there are "automatic people" who act like machines, they don´t live in the present"
"I have two options, trying to connect with people and enjoy with each person in the store, or making my life painful and non-sense. I choose to be alive."
"If you smile, the smile will be back to you, you will feel happy, you will feel a human being"
Those were some of the wise words he was saying.

Pretending to be kind, although kindness is a good thing, it simply does not work. What does work instead, it is directness. It is to communicate what I need or feel although other people might not like it. And, as long as I am being sincere and using the correct words to explain how I feel, I am are also being kind, with them, and with myself.

I put into practise that directness consciously during the rest of the day. And I found that it is more difficult to speak directly but it is also more courageous and respectful of myself.
And so, as my friend downstairs says, I smile, and that smile comes back to me, and I feel happy, and I feel like a human being.




Let´s go for the third day then!

:)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario