lunes, 4 de febrero de 2013

A February of kindness and joy. Day 3: The gift of patience

Anne is at home. After almost two months in Ireland, she is back. As usual, she popped in without no one expect her to come, carrying millions of bags on her own (regardless to her old age) wearing a fake feather coat and with Kerry´s company, her guardian angel fox dog, who by the way, had lost his front teeth few days before.

As soon as I heard the door, I smiled and went to welcome her with a cuddly hug. She was here. The woman who drew a new and beautiful path for me in this huge city was back. How thankful I was. How wonderful she was.

In the afternoon I came along with my room mate to get her a new piercing. "Im so exited! And I cannot hide it! I'm getting a piercing, and I think I like it". We were singing along the hall and about to get the lift, when suddenly I looked straight and I saw Andrea door. "Let´s knock on his door" I said to her. And so we did.
Andrea is and old disabled man who lives next door, and we sometimes go over to visit him.
"How are you today Andrea?" We asked. "Now you are here, I am very good! Please come in and take a sit".
We had a nice chat for a long time. He told us about his family, about his feeling as a disable man, and about many past stories he had lived. I had never seen before his eyes shining that way.
"OMG, It is ten to four, I´m so exited, and I cannot hide it!" said my room mate. We hadn't realised about time as we had been really into Andrea stories.. but we got an appointment to attend!, and we "cannot hide it"! And right in that moment, her nurse came into the flat and we left.
I felt really well afterward. Andrea´s shiny eyes were the best gift I could never have from him. And I remembered the difference from the others times I had passed by. This time I had had the patience to listen to him carefully without any distraction, and so, a strong connection between us has been flourished.
I couldn't see my own eyes, but I guess they were as shiny as his.

And then, Jill, my room mate, got her new piercing. And we got exited! and we could not hide it! :)
We met such a nice guys in the tattoo store. And after a little chat the tattooer told me that he was living with a guy from Benidorm! (My city in Spain!) and.. I got exited! and I could not hide! I was meeting a new friend! and I think I liked him!

Once we had finished we did our way to Iranian´s friend flat and we learnt how they have Iranian tea. Basically, they put a sugar cube in their mouth and then they have little sips so the sugar melts inside. So cool!! But I would recommend not to try it if you are speaking or laughing, otherwise.. you will end up spilling everything out of your mouth! (I checked it out already!) haha!

Later in the evening, Anne asked me to give her a computer lesson, and suddenly, a phrase from my friend from downstairs came to my mind. "Sometimes people give up. Imagine that you have a son, and he does something wrong. You as a mum forgive him. But he does it again. And then again, and again and so on. How would you feel? Would you trust him again?. There is a limit in human patience. But every baby is pure and naive when is born. The environment push them to the wrong path.". 
He was right. I have given up many times myself because of my lack of patience. But as we concluded later on, we can cultivate our patience and obtain what I call "The gift of patience". And endless faith for human being capacity.
I sat down with Anne next to me, and after many tries I finally got her to use the mouse, to open her own windows and even to surface through her favourites sites, as "The daily telegraph" of "Vogue magazine". She also looked up herself images of famous woman of the 50´s and 60´s as Twiggy, Elisabeth Taylor or Marilyn Monroe.  She was really enthusiastic telling me stories about them. And so was I while listening to her and admiring how well she was managing my lap top. And then, the memory of my grandmother appeared in my mind, and a sweet wave of nostalgic came over me. "It has been a very nice day" I thought. And with all my gifts which came from patience, I got happy into bed.

:)



 Let´s go for the 4th day!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario