miércoles, 6 de febrero de 2013

A February of kindness and Joy. Day 5: Living in the moment


I do not remember many details from yesterday. But I have taken something really relevant from it. If I am not here consciously, I look but I do not see. I react but I do not feel. I am polite but I do not give my gift away.

Living in the present, can happen very easily, but it can be also forgotten in the blink of an eye.
Is it worthy to pay attention then?

I realised that there are two main paths which I can walk through. The "present paths" and the "automatic paths".

Two paths, two choices.

If I take the "automatic paths", the ones which I am use to walking along, my brain is very thankful because he is working with less effort and so, it takes me to my job place quickly, easily and without thinking too much by leading myself to the same routes everyday.
 These paths let me be polite and smile at the bus driver, but do not allow my eyes connect with him.They are survival paths.

On the other hand, taking the present paths, as wisely Thich Nhat Hanh said, is the same as tasting and savouring a cup of tea: “Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.” 

I have to practise to do it, but once I have experienced it, I would never get back to be the "Super-efficient human engine", although it sounds suuper cool, doesn´t it? haha!

I still using both, but.. OMG! How wonderful is when I go for the tea, for the sound, for the now..

Arrg.. "The now".

A place where the magic rivers of creativity, kindness and joy all end in the same sea, and my life becomes an endless paradise of chances as I am dipping into it..





I am ready for the 6th day! :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario